Friday, May 22, 2015

Fatehpur Sikri, The Journey Continue

Fatehpur Sikri
by Sukma

Same day, after we left Taj Mahal and stopped at KFC Agra to lunch, My Asif drive us to another city, not so far from Agra.

Fatehpur Sikri about an hour by car, way to there worse.
It was too hot and again I said to Afni, we really back to Mughal era long long time ago.
Yes because condition and people around there.

We took long time to choose hotel, even I use book hotel service on smartphone.
Couldnt find good hotel there.
On web look nice but real when we check it that far different from what we saw on web.
Tired and hot weather then forced us to choose fast.
My Asif said better fast then tomorrow morning we should back to Delhi.
Yes, two days before my flight back to Indonesia.

We got rooms, not so good.
I checked all rooms of us, found blanket so dirty.
Told him.
He complained.
Got new blanket but still same condition.
Laughed.
He wanted to complain again but I stopped him.

After refreshed.
We went out from hotel to some place.
Walked.

It was like uphill road.
Fatehpur Sikri sits on rocky ridge.
I don't know why we didnt choose use auto.

Got there.
Look so big that palace city.

We started tour.

Still with red building, but I saw it was different.
It was look Hindu architecture seen together with Islamic elements.
Found Jodha palace, and there Jodha kitchen.
Fake or not that series I watched on TV, but Jodha was famous good in cook.

I wish I came on winter.
Hot summer make me can't enjoy there.
Should be interesting to visit Fatehpur Sikri.
It was great architecture buildings.
But very hot weather and far to walk, because of so big palace city, make me feel so tired.


Another part of all buildings, we went to south wall.
Masjid and tomb of Salim Chisti there.

Shocked.
After walked far around palace and then we met stairs.
If want to go inside so we must "climb" that stairs.
Can imagine ?
It said Jama Masjid at Fatehpur Sikri is 55 metres high from outside.
Lucky me I used tracking sandal, didnt choose my flat shoes that i brought too there.
Oh no... lucky it wasnt because i used that, but my Asif walk slowly and hold my hand. He took care of me, he was so gentle and caring.
Yes, I'm lucky to have him by my side.

After stairs, we can see large area.
And Jama Masjid.
I remembered Jama Masjid Delhi that I visited last year.
Almost same.
Red building and no woman pray there !

I still can't understand why masjid in India, forbidden for woman.
In Indonesia I can pray at masjid anytime I want.
I think so many masjid in other countries too, woman can pray there.

One white marble building in complex.
It was tomb of Salim Chisti, sufi saint.
We went inside.
I saw people wish something there. I think normal like other sufi tomb in Indonesia, I saw like that too.
But,
What did I wish ? His wish ? Her wish ?

I wish nothing, I dont wish to dead body.
I just pray and sent Al fatihah for that sufi saint.
I think that we should do.

Before left tomb, a man blessed us there.

Joked again.
What did he bless ?
Did he bless us for marriage and together forever ?
Oh no no... maybe like Jodha Akbar we will have son.

As always he only give me his cute smile.

Left complex, back to hotel.
Alhamdulillah my Asif decided to use auto.
It was so tired and hot weather wanted to kill us.

Hotel until morning with Oreo and Lay's green

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep
because reality is finally better than your dreams

0 comments:

Post a Comment