Monday, December 14, 2015

Champaner Pavagadh | Sunday With You

by Sukma

It's Sunday, after last month we spent time together in Indonesia trip, today my Asif bring me to heritage place not so far from home.
He only said that Champaner is place where old masjid built there, heritage place on hills.
Morning we went after I prepared our breakfast and lunch box with some biscuits.

Way to Champaner not so bad, maybe because morning we left house, still fresh around and it's winter.
We passed villages and farms, maybe people will say nothing interesting to see around, villages with old building and farm not so green.
But again I say yes look not green like my country or other places but I can see from other side, it's exotic India.

Reached Champaner, finally I got ticket same price with my Asif, not pay as tourist anymore.
Yes, it's my country too, I dont feel I'm living in another country now, feel like home...

Champaner area I heard from my Asif, it's heritage area, not only old masjid there but temples too. As history teacher he told me a lil bit story about Pavagadh area. Where an important Hindu shrine in the region, Kalika Mata temple, then after that Muslim culture came.
Around end of 15th century that transition from Hindu to Islam culture and architecture in that area, before Mughal era.

But we only visit masjid there as we both are muslim, maybe later we will visit again and explore more about that area.
That masjid was built in Sultan Mahmud Begadah era.

First we visited Sahar Ki masjid.
I really like that architecture masjid, even goverment dont care so much to take care that site still can't hide how great and beautiful that masjid.
We took some pictures there, it was good place with great architecture.

When we wanted to take picture ouside then guard saw us use tripod. It was so weird, how can they dont allow tripod but alow camera and monopod. Really stupid...what's the problem with tripod :D
Mood off suddenly then we decided to move to another masjid.

Jama masjid, it was biggest.
We stopped at back side of building, and open our lunch box.
Yes I prepared chicken sandwich and boiled eggs, some biscuits and water too
We enjoyed our lunch. My Asif addicted to my food (his friends too...they taste his lunch box's food at work)
It's first trip that I prepared food and didn't buy food outside. It was far better and the best food for our India trip

After lunch we started to take pictures and saw around. My Asif busy with his tripod and me ? of course busy with my monopod.
He took some good pictures, and our pictures too...easy use tripod.

Moved to big masjid we still use tripod for pictures.
Surprised me, I found place for female do salah or pray or namaz. As I knew here female cant go to masjid (again...weird India).


After we took pictures around masjid we moved to outdoor.
It was trees and flowers...and flowers fell on the ground. Look beautiful and of course good place to take picture again.
Unfortunetaly, again guard saw us use tripod. This time my Asif took time so long to "scold" them because of weird regulation.
Still can't understand, allow camera, phone camera, monopod, but no tripod ?
It's India, so many "weird" things we can find !

Still we can take some pictures after, even without tripod.
Then left Jama masjid.

Went to 7 arches before go home. That's part of big fort on hills. Not much we can see because almost all ruin and look no one take care that site. But still i can see it was great building and great wall ?

Not so long we stay in 7 arches, 15 minutes more or less then we back to Bharuch



A single day is enough to make us a little larger or, another time, a little smaller


0 comments:

Post a Comment